Grateful for Single Parenting

Single parenting.

I am grateful for single parenting.

Surprising?

Yeah.  It surprised me, too.

I never thought I'd say those words, but today, I'm grateful for this season.


I'm grateful because single mothering has done the following:

- Taught me about contradictions in terms- "Single" means solo. And I am solo. But it also implies that I'm doing this alone... and God says I'm NEVER alone! 

- Given me some of the best friends on the planet- a status I never thought I'd be grateful for has given me the ladies of Single Mom Central, God's Gals, and so much more.

It's taught me how to reach out and lean into women of God... t
o hold the hands of ones beside me, to walk in the paths of the ones who've gone before me, and to ALWAYS leave a trail for the ones that follow me.

- Shown me that God equips the called- my single parenting journey did not surprise God. It shocked the living daylights out of me (just wasn't on my top ten list of things to do! LOL...), but God knew that life would take me here. He knew and He prepared His girl for the task ahead. He equipped me completely to be the Mommy that He called me to be. I am the woman for this job.

-Taught me how to prioritize- God first. Family second. After that, anything that honors #1 and blesses #2. It really is just that simple. If it doesn't fit in that list, I don't need to do it. The end. 

- Shown me how to take care of my heart without hardening my heart- there's a difference. The Bible says, "...the greatest of these is love." He never intended for life on this side of heaven to make us bitter, but instead intended it in all of its inconsistencies to draw us closer to Him...closer to love. Can't love God without loving His kids. So, I keep lovin'. 

- Shown me my Ultimate Provider, Attorney, Father, Husband, Physician, and Counselor is already in my life. Everything else is bonus material.

So, I'm grateful. Grateful for right now. 



©Christie Aitken, 2013
http://www.ChristieAitken.blogspot.com
http://www.YoungLiving.org/wordstoexpress
Twitter: @ChristieAitken 
Google+: +Christie Aitken 

Comments

Popular Posts