Babies Named Raff and Getting a Wife





So, every other kid is running around singing "Do you want to build a snow man?"... but not mine. Nope.  I'm raising a man with a plan.  He is 7 years old and his questions are... well, different.

He asked me in the car one day recently about having a son.  He says he would like to have one... and he will call him "Raff."

You know.  "Raff" ... short for Raphael, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.




I asked him who he was going to marry and he said, "Ew.  No.  I just want a son.  Ew.  Don't say marry.  I not marry."

So, we talked a little more about how he would probably need a wife/mommy, and he reluctantly agreed to get one of those, too... if he must.  He just said, "Okay, okay.  I'll get one. Fine."  {{I'm really going to have to work with him on his proposal skills before then.}}

And this wife... she doesn't have a name, yet.

And there is no plan for a daughter.  Just a son.  {{I hope God is taking notes here.}}

So, my 7 year old Man with a Plan has been taking interest surveys based on his research.  ((Insert the "unique" questions here.))  He's been polling cousins at random.  "Are YOU gonna have a baby?" and "Do you wanna have a son?"  ((Yes- you want to be a fly on the wall for those conversations. They ARE as funny as they sound.))

He's been reminding me daily of his plans for his soon-to-be heir, Raff.

He told his friend at school today that he "should try to get in a wedding."  Because OF COURSE his friend would want a son, too... and friends don't let friends not know the plan.

Get a wedding. 




Get a son.



:)  Sounds simple enough.  Yes? :)

My buddy's understanding of the process is limited right now, but it makes me smile to listen as God places desires in his heart.  My baby wants to be a Daddy one day. He wants to be a Daddy, so he's asking 8 zillion questions now to figure out what that looks like.  He wants to be a Daddy, so he's wrapping our dog Cocoa-The-Wonder-Pup up in his favorite Mario blanket every night and telling here, "I'm your Daddy, Cocoa.  It's okay. I'm your Daddy.  I've got you, baby."

I'm so in love with what God is building here.  We can learn the steps as we go, but the heart is there today!


So, I have a question for you now.




What's God building in you?  What is that desire that He's placed in your heart and been growing ever since?  What's the dream that you just can't let go of that He's molding and shaping in your mind and heart?

Now, the BIGGER question.... what are you doing with it?  Are you doing your research?  Do you "have a name"?  Do you know what you need to do to get from Point A to Point B?  Are you dreaming big on the days when it seems silly to do so?

For my little man, his steps are simple.  2 steps.  Get a wedding.  Get a son. :)  I think God knew He'd need to start him with the Reader's Digest version.


Seems like that process just might apply for the rest of us, too.  Take the first step, so you can get to THE step for which you've dreamed.  Just.  That.  Simple.  You might not end up with a son named Raff, but I have no doubt that God's plan for you is rock solid. 


Copyright © 2015 by Christie Aitken. All rights reserved.
BLOGGING LOVE: www.ChristieAitken.net
NON PROFIT LOVE: www.Roundtable-Solutions.org
MINISTRY LOVE: www.SingleMomCentral.net

Comments

Popular Posts