4 Brothers

Tonight my little guy requested a brother.

Yeah. Let that sink in a for a second. It took me a minute, too. Adoption one day? Totally on my radar. Baby in my tummy? Um.... NOT on my radar. I did every month of my pregnancies with both my boys a nice shade of green. I'm about to hit a milestone birthday, and let's just say that I'm not 25 or anything.  I love it when some of you ladies are rockin' the new born game at 45 and stuff like that, but ... just for today, my hands are a little full.

We are so seriously ALL GOOD on the parent-kid ratio around here.  :)  Single and special needs parenting just kind of solidifies my case a bit further.
Anyway, my 7 year old announced from his bubble bath tonight that he wants me to "go ahead and get a baby" in my tummy "so we can have a brother." 

I reminded him that at our house we'd need a Daddy for a baby (just how we roll), and that Mommy was not married - so this couldn't really happen.

He drops the subject for a moment, and then he says, "How can we get 4 brothers?"
{{Breathe, reel it in, and redirect, Mama}}

Just as I thought the coast was clear, mumbling something about the fact that he already has brothers, he suggested a spouse for me.  

Are you ready for this? Because I wasn't. (Well, I wasn't ready for ANY of this, but ... I digress.)

His suggestion was ELVIS.  
 "The one only Elvis, Mommy." Because Elvis "kissed all the girls."

Further, "Elvis" was in the camp talent show a few weeks ago, and he had some really good songs.

A few minutes later, I broke the news that "the King" passed away a while back.  "The one only Elvis" is dead.

My precious little man looked at me and said, "Well, HOW do you know that?  How do you know?"

I've got nothin', y'all.  He wins.  :)

Except for the brother part.  I win.  End. Of. Story. 



Copyright © 2015 by Christie Aitken.
All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular Posts